Monday, March 3, 2008

Does the blog help?

The blog helps me to be more focused on this class as a whole. It is an easy objective assignment every month to add a new artist, to scan new images, and to make new artist statements. I really like when there are clear-cut assignments in a class that I know of and can finish and be done with. This usually doesn't occur in an art class because art is usually a subjective class. It is nice to have a little bit of objective work mixed in with the subjective work of creating new drawings. The blog allows me to create goals with artist statements and my hundred words that allow me to narrow down what my next work will be on. Without this guideline I wouldn't know what to draw some of the time. When I'm out of ideas on what to draw it's nice to be able to go back to this blog and see the artists who inspire me, my words that describe what I draw and previous works that I have created. These past experiences inspire me to create new work and create a cushion for me. I really like the blog alot more than I did last year and it should be kept as a requirement for this class.

No comments: